1. Basic information Product Name:Triethanolamine Synonyms:2,2',2-Nitrilotris(ethanol);2,2',2''-Nitrilotris[ethanol];2,2',2"-nitrilotris(ethanol);2,2',2''-Nitrilortrisethanol; 2,2',2''-nitrilotri-ethano;2,2',2''-nitrilotris(ethanol);2,2',2''-nitrilotris-ethano;2,2',2''-nitrilotris-Ethanol CAS:102-71-6 MF:C6H15NO3 MW:149.19 EINECS:203-049-8 Product Categories:Organics;Amino Alcohols;Building Blocks;Chemical Synthesis;Organic Building Blocks; OxygenCompounds;Chemical raw materials Mol File:102-71-6.mol
2. Chemical Properties mp:21 °C bp:360 °C density:1.1245 vapor density:5.14 (vs air) vapor pressure:0.01 mm Hg ( 20 °C) refractive index:n<frac type="vertical">20/D 1.485(lit.) Fp:365 °F storage temp.:Store at RT. solubility:H2O:1 M,clear,colorless Water Solubility:soluble Sensitive:Air Sensitive & Hygroscopic Merck:14,9665 BRN:1699263 CAS DataBase Reference :102-71-6(CAS DataBase Reference) NIST Chemistry Reference:Triethanolamine(102-71-6)
3. Application Inmetallic working,used for metal cutting,cooling and anticorrosion;In toilet profession,used as neutralizer for acid and base,emulsor;In cement processing used as grinding agent;In concrete construction,used as accelerator;In printing ink industry,used as solidifying agent,It is also used as surface activator,antirusting agent;In electroplating,used as complexant;PH value regulator;As absorbet for acid gases.
4. Packing 200kg steel drum or plastic drum or as customer's requirement.16MT in one 20'FCL.
5. Attentions During transportation,should prevent leakage and fire,protect from moisture.The product must be stored in a clean,dry and ventilating warehouse.
6. Specification sheet
Appearance, 25 °C
Colorless to yellowish liquid
Active matter, %
Free oil, %
Triethanolamine sulfate, %
pH value (25 °C , 10% Am.aq.sol )
Triethanolamine is used primarily as surfactant,reducing the surface tension between two media.It is also used as general emulsifier for preparations,such as ones involving drug penetration ass ays.
Oily liquid with a mild ammonia odor.Denser than water. Freezing point is 71°F.
Air &Water Reactions
Triethanolamine is an aminoalcohol.Neutralize acids to form salts plus water in exothermic reactions.Amine may be incompatible with isocyanates, halogenated organics,peroxides,phenols (acidic),epoxides,anhydrides,and acid halides.Flammable gaseous hydrogen is generated in combination with strong reducing agents,such as hydrides.React violently with strong oxidants..
Liquid may irritate eyes and skin.
Special Hazards of Combustion Products:Poisonous gases,such as NOx,may be produced
8. Triethanolamine Preparation Products And Raw materials